1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navi Updates - How often and current?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by cmalberto, Aug 11, 2009.

1. cmalberto

cmalberto New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey guys - new to the Prius and doing alot of reading - Manual and this group.

My question is about the Navi system. I think when I checked today, my Navi version is 8.1 - I really expect this to be current but thought I would ask. Is it?

As I have read and confirmed, the maps lack a lot of details. I so surprised as DVD media has a lot of space compare to the 1GB Tom Tom's out there. Do these maps get updated often? And is it ever advisable to update? What are the costs?

I would like to be able to search for POIs by names ? Is that possible some how. I have been through the menus and haven't seen it. Other than drilling down by categories and what not.

Side note question: Is there a way on this forum to display more threads per page and more posts per thread? I think the threads are limited to 10 replies/posts per page.

Thanks for your help in guiding to where I might find these answers.

--Mickey

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's current. Updates come out once a year in the October timeframe, at $285 or so a pop from a Toyota dealer.

There are a couple of ways to search for POI's, which I can picture in my head but can't figure out how to concisely describe in a post.

There are thread display options - click on your user name on the upper right, then click on User CP on the upper left, then scroll down to Thread Display Options and select what you want in the pop-down.

3. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was disappointed to find a dvd copyrighted 2007 in my 2010 Prius. I think when a new one is available, I might inquire about a free, or at least reduced priced version.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The last I looked there were two copyrights on a DVD, one from NAVTEQ, a year earlier than one from Toyota. As a result, it's usually well in excess of 2 years before new roads around here are verified and appear in the system. Kind of frustrating.

5. cmalberto

cmalberto New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just read up on how to pop the DVD out. Perhaps I will through in the computer and see what's on it. Are these copyable? Not that I have a use to do that but maybe for back up of the media.