1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation '05 can get live traffic update?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ched1968, Dec 5, 2005.

1. ched1968

ched1968 New Member

i have a silver pkg#6. just going to dealer tomorrow to install sirius sat that will be integrated to the MFD..just wondering, is it possible to get live traffic update in your map (like sigalert type in california) where you can see where the traffic is at on you screen like the acura's?..very happy was able to override the navigation, by going to map, menu, volume and touching left upper corner-left lower corner then left upper corner and left lower corner again then press/hold nav override after the beep its done.i can now use my nav control while driving..very cool. :)

2. jwe8f

jwe8f New Member

No, unfortunately

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

No, but this is the future of in-dash nav (and handhelds, too). I predict in only a couple of years there will be many enhanced services, such as real-time traffic, movie guides for theatre POIs, menus for POI restaurants, etc... all as extra cost subscriptions. But I doubt they can be retrofitted. This may be a good reason to NOT buy an in-dash Nav system, because of the expense for what may in a few years be viewed as a primitive system.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Or just get a new Prius with the good stuff.

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Nope, I'm driving this one into the ground...
    ...which may take a while, even at 20K miles per year!

6. ched1968

ched1968 New Member

Too bad, took a day off to take my car to dealer to install sirius satellite when i got there the service advisor told me that the kit is not available at of this point...backlog order...geessshh :angry: ..thanks for the replies anyways...too bad also that we cant retrofit the once that we have (in-dash nav)... :(

7. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

Different topic; Has anyone any recent word on Navigation upgrade.