1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation and iPhone Contacts Addresses Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jar, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Jar

Jar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I press one of my contacts (with an address) in navigation, it brings me to address input but without their address showing. Do I really have to input it myself?

2. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Contacts don't work. If you search, one of the Toyota sales guys, Noah from Jon Lancaster, posted a how-to on making the contacts work but it comes down to Toyota using some arcane field setup instead of what iPhone or Android use for basic contacts. You may find one or two contacts that work but that is usually it.

Put the addresses in manually as you use them and then Store them in the Nav unit. For places, you can use Bing to search for them and then click on the search result and it will nav to them, that's a cool feature and compensation for the contacts not working.

3. Jar

Jar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oh ok. Thanks! Apple and Toyota need to get on the same page. Its quite unfortunate that text messages and emails dont sync either.

4. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Txt and email were future. Someone posted that Toyota was going to eliminate both vs activating them due to safety and legal concerns.