1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation and Outside Temperature Display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ALayos, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ALayos

ALayos New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post here but not new to forums. I searched this forum and the net but I could not find any information on how to display the outside temperature while the navigation screen is showing. I have a 2007 Prius w/ Package 6 and I can see the outside temperature on the upper right hand corner in the energy and consumption screens but not in the navigation screen. I have a 2008 Tundra and there is a separate display for outside temperature that I can have display all the time. It may not be a big deal for some but I find it very useful especially when I am on a long trip. Any info is appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Hi ALayos,

Welcome to PriusChat.:)

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure there is no way to make the Nav screen display the temperature, at least none that I have ever heard of... unless the remote chance Toyota updates the Nav software through an map update, but I can't see that realistically happening...

Sorry. Maybe someone else knows something I don't know.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nope. There's not.

I have tried in my '04 for the last five years and the only way to see them both is to flip between screens. If you do it fast enough they blend into one. Just kidding, please don't try to flip screens that fast.

Anyway, welcome to PriusChat!! :welcome:

4. ALayos

ALayos New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, thanks for the information. That's what I thought, I think an oversight on Toyota's part but still love the rest of the Prius.

Glad to be on this board, lots of really helpful information.