1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

navigation 'beep'

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RayGlow, Oct 12, 2009.

1. RayGlow

RayGlow New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is there any way to turn off the 'beep' alert that precedes each voice command (and the double beep for an upcoming turn) in the navigation system.

The beep REALLY annoys my wife - which in turn annoys me (like I should know!!)

I understand both beep and voice can be turned off - and there was a thread about turning off only voice (not clear if that was really possible?).

Thanks!!

2. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes, you can turn the "voice" prompts off - see the Navigation owners manual, starting on page 242. There are various settings/options described there.

However, only the "screen touch" beep can be turned off. (This is in the "General" setup, page 236.) It will still always give you the beep before listening for your voice command. I am not aware of any way to turn that off.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't tried it but see if turning this off will help with the beep

Turn off the Voice Recognition Guidance in the SETUP menu.

the one that jayvee describes in his first paragraph is "Automatic Voice Recognition"

4. RayGlow

RayGlow New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Many Thanks! - will try these approaches - when I can get the Prius from my wife (who wouldn't even look at / set foot in one for years - now she won't let me use it!)

Will post 'results'...