1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation: direction of travel possible?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by priusenvious1, Dec 8, 2012.

1. priusenvious1

priusenvious1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I noticed the nav always displays due north. Is there a way to set it so the map always shifts based on your direction of travel?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    On my Gen 2, you toggle the modes by pressing the compass icon on the map (while the map is up).

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gen3 is still the same. OP, press the compass symbol and it will toggle the view back and forth between the two modes.

Vas25tl likes this.
  4. Vas25tl

Vas25tl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My GS430 was the same, the Prius is the same, just press on the compass.

5. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    if the map comes up on the display i promptly hit the audio button or something to get it off of there. i can't stand the nav. the 7 inch hdd "high end" nav i have can't even show the driving map in anything other than 1990's top down birds eye view with a circle cursor with built in triangle for the car. No 3d view supported at all. total garbage. For the price paid for the unit, and for today's technology, it's totally unacceptable.

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No 3D view on my Gen 2's nav system but I personally found 3D view on my Garmins to be useless anyway. Because I found it useless, I don't use 3D view and posted about it at @^$!@*% Navigation system | PriusChat.

7. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have to agree with you on the 3D view. I had a rental car on vacation with a Garmin Nuvi with 3D view. I switched to 3D view and did not like this feature so switched it back to 2D view.

What is the big deal about 3D view?

8. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Some like 3d view, some don't. Personally I don't view my garmin in anything other than 3d view. I guess to me it just looks more natural especially when it's giving directions. It's really whatever your more used to. Not having the option at all on my brand new top of the line prius with top of the line nav pi$$e$ me off to no end. I refuse to use it at all.

9. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Don't forget to tell the people that can actually make it better for you, namely Toyota corporation. The Customer Experience Center can be reached at 800-331-4331. I already told them that I was very dissatisfied with how features that were in my wife Gen II (lots more voice commands and 3d map) were missing from my state of the art HDD premium Nav. After they get a couple hundred complaints on this topic, they may start to think about making it right for us.