1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation display and lights glitch

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by myprius2, Nov 10, 2012.

1. myprius2

myprius2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My navigation display turns off on me while I'm driving or even parked and it goes back to the warning message of "not getting distracting while driving". It has happened 6 times so far since october when I bought the car. When it happens the (MID) display dims along with any other lights inside the car and then reboots the navigation. Its almost as if the car turns off out of nowhere but its still in motion and I can still drive (especially brake).
    Also Not sure if this is related but I also noticed that while having with the headlights on the interior lights like the MID and navigation display go dim when theres a change of sunlight like driving under a bridge. I took the car to my toyota dealer and the service tech's couldn't replicate the problem and they dismissed me until I can find common tell signs of when it happens, but so far its been a random problem.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions or perhaps can lead me to information I can look into. I would really appreciate your input. Thank you =)