1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Location Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jvtucker, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jvtucker

jvtucker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok, so I'm sitting in my car and need directions on how to get home, so enter the address and once I find my way to the correct freeway, want to cancel the navigation because I can get on home on my own now.

But how the heck can I make it stop giving me directions? The voice drives me nuts and turning off the sound isn't enough for me.

Does anyone know how to cancel a trip mid-way through?

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1 person likes this.
  3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Not in my car now but I think you hit the DEST button and then on top there is a button for destinations or something like that, you click that and it says something along the lines of are you sure you want to delete destination

Sorry but I'm not near my car now to go check for the exact button and wording of each button...

4. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  5. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Seems kind of convoluted just to pause guidance. :confused:

6. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Thats not to pause the guidance, that is to completely delete the current set destination. He had askedhow to cancel so cancelling to me is deleting the destination but in his situation pausing it works just as well if not easier and faster.

7. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have Home and Work as pre-set destinations, and use those presets on a regular basis, whether to have the XM NAVTraffic tell me if there's any issue on the route, or to get me started in the right direction like the OP. The pause guidance voice command is a great easy way to stop the voice and turn by turn guidance once I no longer need or want it on.

EDIT: I guess as a result of the way I use the NAV I never thought in terms of deleting a destination. Even on destinations that aren't pre-sets I just pause guidance. But then the next time I program a destination I believe the NAV asks if I want to add the new destination to the routing, or replace the old destination, and I have to respond with replace.

8. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Yup, that's why I guess I just got in the habit of deleting the destination right away instead of suspending it in my 2006... "pay me now or pay me later" lol

9. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You can pretty easily delete the destination. Once I know where I am or how to get theah from heah, I delete it. I believe pausing it keeps it in the system - which could be useful for a future visit - but not very often.

10. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Deleting a destination and pausing guidance only affects the turn by turn directions.

Pause Guidance, either from the voice command or from the Route screen, turns off the turn by turn directions, but leaves the destination programmed into the guidance system. You can resume guidance to that destination at any time.

Delete Destination, again either from the voice command or from the Destination screen (press Del. Dest on the Destination screen) removes the destination (either one or all) from the guidance computer. It doesn't remove it from permanent memory. If the destination came from a predefined destination (i.e. Home or preset destinations 1-5) it is still defined, just not in use. If the destination came from your address book, it is still there. Also, the destination will still show up in the Previous Destinations list.