1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation on 2010 Prius not adjusting to night mode when headlights are on. How to fix it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by DrPepperholik, May 13, 2016.

1. DrPepperholik

DrPepperholik Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm asking this for my sister who has a 2010 Prius IV. She asked me about her map display not adjusting to night mode when her headlights are on. I tried looking at my 2014 Prius Three, not III because it isn't a 2010 and only 2010 used uppercase Roman numerals for model designation, to guide her through it over the phone but her menu options seem to be very different from mine as she didn't have an options button on her map.

She did have her entire head unit replaced within the past 2 years as the dealership was trying to fix a problem and thought that'd do it after a couple of other fixes failed. I think something updated when that happened if I recall correctly, maybe just the maps. Oh, it was a bad amplifier for the radio that was the problem, I suggested it when she told me the symptoms but the dealership still replaced her entire head unit. She didn't have a problem with the night mode issue after they did this until recently (possibly first time was tonight or at least within the past week).

2. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Have her press the Display button (to the bottom right of the screen, below Setup), then press the Day Mode button on the screen to turn it off. The headlights will probably need to be on while doing this, otherwise I believe the button does not appear.

The other possibility is if the dashboard dimmer control wheel is turned all the way on (past the click), so the whole dashboard is in day mode, then the Navigation will be too. But assuming everything else dims when the headlights are on, the first thing I said is the way to go.

3. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I hope this helps.