1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Power usage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hawkjm73, Jun 30, 2007.

1. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Has anyone got the numbers for the power draw for the navigation system handy? It becomes annoying to have to redo the un-lockout every time I restart the car, so I've been wondering if I can't make a way for the nav to have power more of the time. What I'm envisioning, is a secondary, small 12-volt battery mounted, probably in the center console, so that it recieves power from the car's system when the car is on, then delivers power to the nav when the car is off. I wouldn't expect it to survive an overnight power-down, but for running into a store, it seems plausible. Secondly, can the nav tolerate having the rest of the car shut down around it while it stays active?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If you need it unlocked every time you power up, why not get the Coastal Kit? It'll do it for you.

3. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 30 2007, 06:06 PM) [snapback]470739[/snapback]</div>

'Cause the Coastal Kit is $99 plus shipping, while a small 12V battery and some wire is about $20. Plus, there's the desire to do it myself, which always feels better then getting a kit to do something.