1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Programming Issue - I Must be Crazy!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by anti-gas, Feb 11, 2010.

1. anti-gas

anti-gas Reduce, Reuse and Conserve

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 2008 Prius with factory Navigation. When I first got my car and pushed the navigation button, it asked me to setup the system, choose a voice, male/female/computer then it went on to ask me which type of coordinates to use and a few other things. I made my selection and that was that. There was also a Calculator within the MFD that I used to calculate something just to see it work. After that initial day, I have never seen the calculator again, and the dealer is telling me that I am crazy as there is none. My Wife also used this, so I know I'm not crazy or are both of us crazy?

The big problem I have is this, I'm trying to enter in GPS coordinates, however my system only accepts this format N 26 22'22 etc. the coordinates that I am getting from many other people follow a decimal format which cannot be entered in my system. How do I get to that initial screen so I can change the type of coordinates my Navigation system will accept?

I have ejected the disc, I have unplugged the DVD player and plugged it back in, etc. Still nowhere can I find that initial setup. There must be some kind of hidden sequence to do this. I would like to have this done ASAP as I need to enter coordinates for a trip tomorrow. Thanks for any help you can offer.