1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

navigation question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mdh, May 1, 2006.

1. mdh

mdh New Member

- is there any way to get the Nav to show, in text, the up coming route. The Acura Nav system in the MDX have this feature. This way you have a textual view of the route and can plan ahead.
    - I noticed the Nav system just shows you upcoming exits.

tks in advance

2. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    There's a setting on mine for showing you the next three turns. On a 2004/5, hit the icon just above "zoom in" to get a list of the different views available, ranging from compass, to next turn, to next three turns (I use this mode).

Also, there is a route preview button (again, this is an 04/05 Nav) which lets you control the screen using basically VCR controls (play, pause, ffwd, rew, etc). this is also handy to see what kind of route it found for you.

Sorry I only have '05 answers, but I dont' know how different the '06 NAV is.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The route preview also works on the 2006. You can have it run through the route like playing a VCR, or have it list all of the turns.

Tom

4. prious06

prious06 New Member

I have a Garmin Steet Piolot GPS system that seems has recently started losing it's satalite signal since changing to a Priusl. Is this coincendence that this is happening, or do you think the blue tooth system or something similar may be causin the interference?

5. mdh

mdh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 1 2006, 04:56 AM) [snapback]247871[/snapback]</div>
    thank you... how do you get it to list out all the turns? best regards,

6. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mdh @ May 1 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]248392[/snapback]</div>
    On a 2004, after the route has been started, select Map View, Route Overview and Turn List (top of screen).

7. BVISAILMAN

BVISAILMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some newer windsheilds have something in them that will cause the signal to be weak or non existent in any GPS with the antenna mounted on it. I owned a 99 Lexus GS and my garmin street pilot worked fine until I had the winddheild replaced. Just buy an outside antenna, it is a small magnet and the 25' of wire is enough to be able to put the antenna anywhere on the outside od the car. I got one on Ebay for about $20.00 They are $79 through Garmin.