1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAVIGATION QUESTION!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lungbeach, Nov 23, 2007.

1. lungbeach

lungbeach Junior Member

does the prius Navigation have an option for Italian?? I only see French and English. Also, i have learned the way to "OVERRIDE" the navigation on my 2005 prius, but if i upgrade to a newer Navigation DVD upgrade (ie., the 2007 version), does this "OVERRIDE" still work??? (the override is when you press "volume" then tap the top and bottom corners of the screen)
    Please let me know
    thanks! Ciao

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lungbeach @ Nov 23 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]543404[/snapback]</div>
    No. However, there is a way to create a hybrid disk with the old software and the new data base. It has been extensively discussed. I'll post the link to the relevant thread when I find it.

[edit] Found it: Hybrid NAV disc with 5.1 loader and 6.1 data [/edit]

3. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As for Italian, I doubt it. If you did find one, it would probably just have maps for Italy.

4. shybrid

shybrid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alanh @ Nov 23 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]543496[/snapback]</div>
    That makes no sense. Lungbeach says it is available in English or French and the map is of the US and Canada. Why would it be a map of Italy? Please explain yourself if you can. Sherri

5. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The North America disc has English, French, and Spanish, which are well represented in the US and Canada. The only Italian discs they might make would be for the Italy, which would have maps of that area (and possibly other European countries).

6. mcevedy

mcevedy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I realise that this is probably not helpful, but the UK Prius can be set to one of ten languages; including Italian, Danish and Portuguese. Don't know if you can adapt this in some way.

7. Inches

Inches Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Peter@Beoworld @ Nov 25 2007, 04:18 AM) [snapback]543904[/snapback]</div>
    With a DL DVD there should be plenty of room for more languages. [soapbox] My Tomtom -- not only does it have Italian, it has it in male AND female voices. PLUS there is a way you can do your own commands -- in your voice, if you want. This is all done in less than a 2GB SD card. Not all voices/languages reside on the SD card, you have the option to select them off of a SL DVD or CD. [/soapbox]

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alanh @ Nov 24 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]543863[/snapback]</div>
    When did they add Spanish? Mine is only bilingual.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Peter@Beoworld @ Nov 25 2007, 04:18 AM) [snapback]543904[/snapback]</div>
    And that UK NAV probably has maps for Europe, not North America. Alanh's point being that they would use the languages most likely to be spoken by people in the geographic region covered by the maps. There are not many Italian-speakers in North America who do not also speak English.

10. silver-machine

silver-machine New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 25 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]544015[/snapback]</div>

Yes I know this not helpful in any way to the original posters problem as it is a different sat nav for us in the uk... but I set the sat nav to Italian for the day yesterday, and it made a delightful change- very mellifluous.

11. lungbeach

lungbeach Junior Member

thanks for all the answers... i guess im screwed and have to stick with the french language ;/ im jelouse of the guy from england, 10 laqmguages!! that must be fun!!! :(