1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alcor, Mar 29, 2005.

1. alcor

alcor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I continue to fumble around with the navigation system. I now know how to set my destination and to preview the route. However, is there a quick way to scroll through the route? I am attempting to preview a route of nearly 300 miles, and the "previewed route" I am observing seems to be in real time! So help, how can I go through the preview of the route quickly?

Many thanks to everyone, you've certainly helped me in the past.

Alan
    2005 Tideland Pearl
    Option 6

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

If you press the "forward" button (>) a second time, it speeds up. You can also press the "go to end" button (>>|) and work backwards (<).

3. alcor

alcor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks Dan Man, your the best.

alan

4. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    You can also zoom out - the scrolling speed is proportional to the map scale.

5. alcor

alcor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK, I admit to being exceedingly stupid, however, when I press and hold the guide button I get the demo in real time. I do not see any forward button, and anything else I seem to press produces a message that says I cannot scroll during the demo. I guess I have to assume that the intricacies of the navigation system are beyond my intellect. alan

6. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, the demo mode (which I bet many people are not aware of) is not what we were talking about. You wouldn't normally use that, except for showing the system off.

The normal route preview is obtained from the main guidance screen, so once you've set your route, just press "Guide" briefly to get back to the normal display. Then select "Map view", then "Route preview".

7. alcor

alcor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's it KMO. It works! Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how helpful your advice has been.

I see you live in Cambridge. That's a beautiful place. We lived in Hove, in Sussex for many years.

Best wishes to you and yours,

Alan