1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fobber, Nov 6, 2012.

1. fobber

fobber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I would like to ask questions relating to Navigation and its features. Is there a difference between 2010, 2011, 2012 Prius models for using the Navigation?

Is the 2010 Prius Trim 3 is the same as 2011 Trim 3, and a 2010 Trim 4 is the same as 2011, 2012, etc, in terms of Navigation, User Interface, etc.?

Does 2010 – 2012 have voice command/option? Such as, to place phone calls and/or have turn by turn voice command?

What is the most current Navigation DVD update and what is the price? Is it only offered through Toyota? Where can you find the best deal? Are you able to share the DVD disc? – your wife/etc. also purchase the same car.

With the current Navigation update/DVD, is it now more accurate? I have read a post in this forum stating it may or maynot be accurate.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Toyota Vehicles : Toyota Announces Prices for 2010 Prius / Toyota and MY11 Prius | PriusChat may help.

Yes. 2010 and 2011 should be the same. Per the 2nd link, there basically was no change to the car between '10 and '11. And no, AFAIK, on '10 and '11, there's no change in the navigation regardless of trim/model (III thru V or Three thru Five).

'12 marked the beginning of significant changes. The '12 nav systems I've seen look nothing like what I recall on '10-11 and nothing like my Gen 2's.

Yes, all of them have audible voice guidance for turn by turn directions.

fobber likes this.
  3. fobber

fobber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just curious, linking the iPhone to Entunes, is there a way to use any iPhone map apps on the navigation?

On the subject of linking/connecting iPhone, are there iphone apps that can be used on the Prius?

If not, what if I have an iHeart radio app on the iPhone, will the streaming songs from my iphone be played on the Prius?