1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation Radio Track Info, Fast Forward, Rewind Capability?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by web1b, Mar 17, 2010.

1. web1b

web1b Active Member

Can you FF and Rewind anything other than just CDs?
    I can't seem to FF USB or BT stereo? All it does is skip entire tracks forward and back.

Does the Nav system head unit support the newer advanced bluetooth stereo that displays track info? My current device doesn't support that anyway, but if I bought a new phone that had the advanced bluetooth with track info, would the Prius support it?

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  3. web1b

web1b Active Member

I know, my current phone doesn't support it. The question was would the Prius head unit support it if I bought a new phone that supports the standard?
    The support has to be on both ends and I don't want to waste money on a different phone if the Prius navigation radio isn't compatible.

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    To be more precise in my answer, it was my understanding (based on prior threads) that the Prius JBL with Nav supports a higher level of AVRCP than the iphone or any other available phones. I don't really know if the greater control supported by the car would include FF and RW.

5. web1b

web1b Active Member

What about FF and RW of USB?
    Sometimes I plug my phone in using a USB cable instead of BT streaming so I can see the MP3 track names on the display as if the phone was a thumb drive, but I still don't see any way to FF and RW. I tried pressing and holding the up and down arrows and all it does is skip to the next track.

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't have the USB, but have seen someone using it on their car, scrolling through song lists, etc. Do a search on USB within the 2010 Prius forums. The general consensus seems to be that it has a lousy interface and is too slow.

As for the bluetooth, I used Google to find another post and related thread that confirms the car supports the higher functionality, in this case with a Blackberry Curve:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...streaming-phone-compatibility.html#post839144

7. web1b

web1b Active Member

My phone does support stereo bluetooth AVRCP like the Blackberry Curve already. I can play, pause, and skip tracks up and down over bluetooth. What I don't have is the newer AVRCP version 1.3 that adds FF, RW and display of track info on the screen.
    I haven't seen anyone with a AVRCP 1.3 capable phone try it on a Prius.

8. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You can fast forward and rewind USB (mp3's) by using the SEEK and TRACK buttons on the upper right of the head unit itself - just press and hold them during playback. (I believe this is the same for CD's.)

If you press and hold the up/down arrows on the steering wheel, it goes to the next or previous folder (if there is one.)

9. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a BB Curve, I will try and update thread. I agree it would be net if I could see track info also. I put a 16gb micro SD card in my phone. I have over 4 gigs of music on it and it works. Had some issues with Curve tacking a long time reading stick first time I put it in but within 24 hours all the bugs went away. Very cool! If nav / radio showed track info it would be hot. I like it! Quality of music is good no lag or anything, way better than a FM transmitter, what a joke in the Prius as the antenna is in the back of the car and FM reception is poor at best. Try FM transmitter in other car a bit better but nothing like a stereo Bluetooth connection.
    :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

10. web1b

web1b Active Member

I have found the way to see track info from my phone. I stopped using bluetooth stereo A2DP and instead plugged in the phone via USB cable. My phone is then seen as a USB stick and I can play files that are in MP3 format and see the track info.
    Not as slick as being wireless, but at least the phone battery charges at the same time, I can use fast forward and rewind, I can see track info displayed and it's more reliable than the A2DP pairing because it works every time whereas the stereo bluetooth paring sometimes fails to connect.