1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation silliness

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chayashida, Sep 20, 2006.

1. chayashida

chayashida Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I first got my Prius, I took a date out with my new car. After finding out that the places we wanted to go to were closed, we ended up just driving back home.

On the way home, I had a bright idea. I hit the talk button and said, "I'm horny." I thought the navigation system would route to the nearest restaurant.

"Showing current position," it responded.

My date laughed. I hit the talk button again, and this time, she said, "I'm horny."

"Showing campgrounds," it replied.

We didn't actually use the campground, and we have tried to replicate the navigation errors, but haven't been able to repeat it. Perhaps we just don't have the same urgency in our voices anymore. :lol:
    ----
    On a side note, I am really happy with the voice commands for the navigation system. It allows me to do (almost) everything I need, so that I can navigate without having to pull over without hacking the navigation system. The "Address" command is the best.

It was driving me nuts, though, because it couldn't find any addresses in Burbank. It kept hearing "Burnt Ranch," or "Yreka" or would say, "Pardon?" I still haven't figured out why it would think I was saying "Yreka." I later found out that I had to say "Burbank Los Angeles." I figured it out because it would display "Burbank (Los Angeles)" on the navigation system. I hope there aren't many other cities like this. It could be a real pain.

Now if only I could figure out how to get the navigation system to navigate to one of the locations stored in My Places without having to pull over...

Anyway, thought you might find this funny.

Chris