1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation system available after purchase

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stevehj, Feb 13, 2006.

1. stevehj

stevehj New Member

I'm sure this has been posted a million times, but can't locate it. I have a 2006 Prius. Love it. BUT, I didn't choose to purchase the navigation system when I bought it. Is there a aftermarket solution that seemlessly integrates with the present screen? I don't want it to look bad and have a bunch of other stuff on the dash.

Possible? If so, where do I go?

Thanks in advance,

Steve HJ

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No, unfortuntaley there is no option I have seen that let's you integrate with the screen.

That said there are a few other mods here (if you search) that looks relativley cool.

3. electricitylikesme

electricitylikesme New Member

He could pick up a Toyota Nav System? I imagine you could probably get the cable harness etc along with it. Otherwise I'm already trying to solve the same problem.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

the Toyota parts will probably cost upwards of $7000 and includes such stuff as the steering wheel and wire harness, the antenna and cables the microphone and cables the nav computer under the seat and on the 2k6 a new mfd plus all the associated wire harnesses. On the 2k4 the nav computer alone was in the order of$4540 minus the DVD which was listed at $973.36 (it has since come way down) in all reality it's probably cheaper to sell the car and buy another one with nav. There is one other solution and the is version2 of CAN-view and the Pioneer nav unit. It intragates thru the Prius MFD and the one I've see first hand works fine. It's probably still going to run you over a grand US. If you want to see it have a look at this url.
    www.hybridinterfaces.ca
    http://www.hybridinterfaces.ca/version2.html if you scroll down about 3/4 the way down the page is the interface with the Pioneer nav unit.