1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation System/Entune

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by kansaisupra, Oct 1, 2012.

1. kansaisupra

kansaisupra New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If this is in the wrong section, please change.

Does anyone else think the Navigation system in the Prius C sucks.....bad?
    I love everything else about this car except the Navi....
    Just a quick vent but, I have 20/20 vision and can barely read the street names on the screen and if there is any bit of sun, the glare makes the whole screen turn black.
    The angle of the screen compared to where your seating position is, you have to look down at this screen forcing your vision away from the roads.

I'm sorry but is it just me or do other fellow owners feel the same?

Any improvements, tips, tricks?

I have/had Acura Navigation (TSX 100000x better and easier), Toyota Highlander Nav 2009 (way clearer, somewhat easier to use) and 2002 bmw m3 navi (I thought it was terrible but Prius C is pretty close to BMW nav)

Thanks
    Leonard

2. rcf@eventide.com

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm having precisely the same problem with the base PiP. My 2005 Gen II was ever so much better. The screen is so bad that I actually asked my dealer what it would cost to trade my almost-new PiP for an Advanced, but the amount, unsurprisingly, was ridic.

I don't know what to do, either, but the display is useless. I can't believe Toyota would put such a bad display in any car, much less a $30k+ flagship model.

Richard

3. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Not only do I dislike the screen for the reasons stated above, I'm also disappointed with the functionality of the NAV., especially when using way-points. When go on road trips, I like to force the NAV to go around LA. In my Ford, I could tell it to use a freeway exit as a waypoint, but I have yet to figure out how to do this with the C. What I end up doing is driving to a first rest stop and then entering my destination. Also the NAV is a bit sluggish, especially when turns are in rapid progression, it'll freak out and suddenly it'll be "recalculating" because you missed a turn. It should be able to handle that and say turn right / left and then make an immediate right / left. It'll show the proper turns on the NAV screen, but as a good driver, I'm more worried about keeping my eyes on the road than looking down at the NAV, especially if there is ANY light on the screen!

Rant off . . .:D