1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation System Manuals

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chile1, Jul 21, 2005.

1. chile1

chile1 New Member

Hello,
    My name is John and I live in Japan. I recently bought a new Prius here in Japan. The navigation system manual isof course in Japanese. I desperately need an English manul. Does anyone knowwhere I might buy a comprehensive navigation system manual? Toyota in Japan promised me an English manual while I was negotiating to buy the but once I had taken delivery of the car they stated that an English manual was impossible to come by. I wouldappreciate any help with this.
    Thanks
    John

2. Sean05Opt6

Sean05Opt6 New Member

3. chile1

chile1 New Member

Thank you Sean forthe information on the Navigation System. The Japanese manual is about 500 pages with lots of pics. I need something comprehensive. The 5 pages you sent is a good start but I really need to find an owner's operating manual for the navigation system. Anybody else know of such a manual?
    John

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:05101bf273]If you go to Toyota's US web site you can order a NAV manual for $15.95. It may be available online, here or other places.

What specifically are you interested in. The manual contains a bit of Janglish, which I'm sure you are used to, but the chatters at PriusChat have pretty much deciphered it all, and more.[/font:05101bf273]

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :idea: Here's another NAV system resource. This link takes you to the Lexus online DVD which includes the NAV system - same system as the Prius the only difference being placement of the panel buttons. I found it helpful in learning the NAV system.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/interior.html#dvd

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    John,

I realize that you are anxious to find an English version of the 500 pages navigation manual (the one which came with my car is perhaps one tenth as long). However, is it really necessary to cross post this request on as many threads as you did?

7. chile1

chile1 New Member

Yes

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

There's no guarantee that the NA NAV manuals will match the Japanese NAV. The Japanese products often have differences, such as more features, and I believe the NAV in Japan has more features.

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It has the self-parking feature.