1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation system options

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Danny3xd, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    In another thread, navigation systems came up. I use mine around 20 times a day.
    Not having an onboard system, I can't speak to them. (Or many other inanimate devices)

For decades I have used garmin, dedicated units. Almost by accident, I discovered Google maps. Which is far superior. IMHO.

"Side note. I own at least 8 GPSs and the absolutely best is (IMHO) is Google maps and a cell phone. Really. You open it, say the address. Or type but why work that hard, snicker. As a bonus, very often has a thumbnail picture of your destination! How cool and time saving is that!? Really makes finding a location easier.
    Free, works better than a dedicated GPS and is always in your pocket. Really love the voice recognition. Can more safely operate while driving."

Also, it sits and comfortably in the multy function screen covy.

Has any one found other options or thoughts on this?

Have just tried the Apple/iPhone version. Worked well and akin to a dedicated GPS.

But still think Google maps the best of the options

Attached Files: