1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation system question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Priscilla, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi Folks!
    I've been gone awhile. I had a 2005 Prius with package 6 that got totaled in an accident in August '06. In a panic, and suffering from a concussion :blink: , I bought a Honda Fit because I needed a car immediately (I thought). Anyway, I replaced the Fit two days ago with a 2007 package 4 Prius that I got below invoice with 2.9 60 month financing. :D I'm thrilled to be back in a Prius! The steering wheel has the switches for the navigation system, which is, of course, not part of package 4. If I push the switches I get a message on the MFD that says "not connected" My question is - Do all package 4s have the switches for the navigation system? And if yes, why? I already called the dealership and the guy I was directed too didn't seem especially knowledgeable about the Prius. I would like to add the nav system if it's not too cost prohibitive. Oh, the screen does not have the additional buttons required for the nav system.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    While it's probably possible to add the nav system, the price would be way too much to be practical.

I suggest adding a third-party nav system, either a portable or built-in (which would use a separate screen).

3. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Mar 27 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]413001[/snapback]</div>

Pricey. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-Toyot...sspagenameZWDVW

My car has it, I don't really find it useful (maybe it's because I find it a little hard to control, and some of the streets don't show up on the map...that's a firmware issue). I think it's a cool feature, but I could do without it.

4. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I couldn't live without my GPS and my gadget-less wife actually loves it so much that it's a "must" in her next car. Not that I use if everyday but when I go somewhere new it's great to have.

From what I've read on these boards they seem hard to install afterwards. I would look at a good garmin alternative instead.

5. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchased a portable unit for my truck which was well worth it. The prius has it built in as any new vehicle I purchase will have it built in. They are well worth the money in my book. Before you have one you might think a map can do it all but th GPS does so much more. It will show you gas stations, restraurants, shoping malls, hospitals, etc which maps do not show and will tell you how to get there. I have lived my entire life in this area and still find it very useful here and on trips it is invaluable. One advantage with the portable units is you can take them with you walking or if you travel and rent a car.