1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation System Upgrade--Now or wait?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by grefos, May 25, 2005.

1. grefos

grefos New Member

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, couldn't find it here.

I'm about to take my beloved Prius in for a 10K servicing. I got the Nav system update letter months ago.

I called Toyota and the guy I talked with "checked with his tech" and told me that the update was a software and data update and that data updates occur in November.

Since I live near Boston and the Big Dig has been changing routes a lot I'd obviously like the latest update I can get...

Sooooo, my questions:

Is the Toyota guy right about the update situation?

Would you update now? Or wait 'till the last minute (letter says need to schedule an appt by December 31, 2005)?

thanks for any insight,

--grefos

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have no issues with your current version and/or don't use the NAV frequently to find unknown places then it is probably in your best interest to wait until mid-December to see if an even newer version becomes available.

If it doesn't come out then the only think you've done is missed out on 7 months of a more current version than you currently have. If a newer version does come out then you'll have the latest and greatest looking forward.