1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by makar, Sep 1, 2007.

1. makar

makar Junior Member

I'm waiting for my new Prius.

I'm getting the option package with the GPS, and have a question. The GPS uses a DVD with a map database. Does the DVD have to be inserted while the GPS is in use? Or does it store the info in a chip, I wonder.

My question is can I use the GPS at the same time I'm playing a music CD or using my iPod?

Thank you.

2. thepixiesarah

thepixiesarah New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(makar @ Sep 1 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]505587[/snapback]</div>

The device with the DVD is different than the audio system. You can play music to your heart's content without worrying about the GPS.

3. Banjoman

Banjoman Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The GPS DVD is in its own drive located under the drivers seat. You will probably never need to even see it except to upgrade the DVD. It does not interfere with the audio system at all.

Dave

4. makar

makar Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(banjoman @ Sep 1 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]505598[/snapback]</div>
    Great! I was hoping this was the case. Thank you!