1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation update failed (so far no solution)

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by MS72, Sep 22, 2024.

1. MS72

MS72 New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New Prius (I had a 2013 plug-in which I traded in for the new one), the car was delivered to me without a printed instruction manual and only 1 key and with the navigator with 2023 maps, I did the update as per instruction by the EU site, generated the license code and started the upgrade with a 32GB FAT32 formatted USB-C stick, everything seemed to be fine, started regularly, but when I returned to the garage to see if it was completed, only this screen appeared!
    It state that I have to contact the dealer, and reports some error code.

The dealer has already tried to disconnect the 12V battery and also do a software reset from the infotainment user configuration menu without any success.

I have not heard from the Toyota dealer for 3 weeks, I call once a week but there is no news.
    Should I write to someone higher up in the EU?

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions?

I just point out to you all to update with caution, it is not a foolproof procedure.

Thanks for your attention and any help.

Attached Files:

Maxwell61 likes this.
  2. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Have you been driving/with the car in ready the whole time of the update?

3. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you go back to the update menu to try again? I would hope it's possible to do a "fresh" installation from the USB stick on top of a bad one.

If you could do that, I'd re-extract the USB stick contents first. Could be that there was a glitch during extraction. Would be worth doing a diff to check that what's on the USB stick is accurate.

4. MS72

MS72 New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, at every reboot the system presents the screen that is in my first message and there is no way to change it from the "updates" menu.
    In fact, from that "suspended" update state there is no way to exit, it is therefore not possible to do a "good" update over a bad one, nor is there a hardware or software way to force a new update in rewriting/restart!
    The dealer has already tried everything as described above.
    And he also checked the USB pen drive with me and the problem does not lie in an extraction of the files from the .zip because the bits also correspond with those in his pen drive used by the dealer.

I renew the invitation to you friends to proceed with the updates with caution!

I will update you on the developments. Let's hope for the best.

Among other things, this stuck condition also affects the pairing with the cell phone that every time presents me with a privacy consent screen (which is done only at the first pairing) that cannot be set except with the reject (the usual accept options are not available).

Anomalies upon anomalies.

AndersOne and 2023p like this.