1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

navigation - voice activated

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ralph, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Ralph

Ralph New Member

My question conerns using the voice activated navigation. When I press the voice icon on the steering wheel I am prompted for a voice command.

I say HOME but then a screen pops up and says "add to destination' or "replace destination". If I say either one the screen does not advance.

If I press either one the screen changes and the navigation calculates my route to HOME successfully.

Shouldn't it work without me pressing any other buttons on the screen?

Ralph

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

If I understand your question correctly, the Nav system knows you want to go home (no small accomplishment). Now it is asking (and showing two buttons on screen) if the Home destination is to be set in place of some other destination you may have already set (or not, it doesn't know), or in addition to other destination(s).

If you select Add to destination, you will get another screen allowing you to move Home around in the sequence of destinations. For example: if garden store, doctor, barber shop are listed in order as destinations, you can put Home anywhere in that sequence, including before or after the others. Hope this helps.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

4. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

We are assuming you or your Toyota dealer have already named a location Home in your Prius. (It doesn't have to be your real home - see many threads on that.)

The behavior you describe could just be the Nav system saying "Okay, I'll guide you to Home - where is it?"

There is another step after the screen you described: the add/replace destination choice. The Nav system will show you 3 ways to make that trip and you select one, then press Guide (or wait a few seconds) and the route guidance (nagging, play-by-play) will start. Sometimes the Nav system will ask you to get out onto a road it recognizes before guidance begins. You can talk to the Nav system and tell it to "Suspend guidance" or "resume guidance" when you don't want/want (respectively) to hear the coaching.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The way I read it, when you say either "Add" or "Replace" nothig happens. If I'm correct, you are doing what I did at first: assuming that it's waiting for a response. Well, it ain't.

You have to press the speech button again and then say "Add" or "Replace" and then it will spring into action.

So:
    1) Press voice button
    2) Say "Home"
    3) Hear acknowledgement
    4) Press voice button (for second time)
    5) Say "Replace" or "Add"