1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DocToss, Dec 12, 2005.

1. DocToss

DocToss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    For those who have the Nav unit, do you keep it on all the time? If you do, can you split the screen, or can you only have one screen on at a time? I use a handheld gps in my car and I like to use it all the time, but I believe I would like to continuously monitor the power screen in the prius. Do you have to toggle between what you want to monitor? Thanks, Tom

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

you have to toggle

3. AMARCUS

AMARCUS New Member

:) While NAV has many modes and views, and faults, there is no way to split the screen and view something else besides NAV.
    On the steering wheel you have two toggle switches MAP and INFO. These seem adequate. Monitoring what you call the power screen, all the time will get boring. You’ll learn to love the NAV and soon you will be playing the system like a violin.

4. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I use the nav for 2 things. Finding places I've never been before and showing time/distance to destination on long trips. It does a great job of both. Most of my trips are local, and I know where I'm going so I don't use the nav at all for them. The novelty of the moving map wears off pretty quickly.
    Since all it takes is a quick flip of the thumb to switch between maps and energy screens I toggle between them a lot. Of course, 99% of the time I look out the windshield.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Even when you are toggled off the Nav screen you get the voice directions an with a flip of your thumb you are back the the visuals!