1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAVIGATION

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jmundale, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jmundale

jmundale New Member

My nav unit will no longer issue turn by turn audio instructions. Under the screen selection the intersection, freeway and others are not available. Only three screens main, split, and compass. When I picked the car up all optional screens were available. I returned to the dealer today and they were stumped. It took me 30 minutes to convince them there was a real problem. The nav unit will position correctly on the map and all street names and resolution are acurate. But it no longer issues the audio warning and the split screen prior to turns. All audio options are active.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Have you by chance turned the guidance audio off, or so low you can't hear it? Do you have guidance when you enter a destination? Can you get the Nav to guide you over the route in demo mode? Please describe the situation more completely, paying attention to details. Thanks.

3. jmundale

jmundale New Member

The audio works fine. I get the initial start driving message and the "you have arrived at your destination message". The route guidance is correct. The overlay line on the screen shows the correct route. The user's quide refers to seven selections from the map screen. single map mode, dual map mode, compass mode, turn list mode, arrow guidance mode, freeway exit info mode, intersection guidance mode. Only the first three are available to me. In the setup screen intersection guidance and guidance screen on freeway are enabled and they worked when I picked up the car.

4. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting. When I loaned an 05 for a test drive I had a similar problem. I found a setting (somewhere) in the GOPS section that could turn "voice navigation" on/off. Someone before me had tuned the woman out permanently. Unfortunatley I don't remember where I saw the setting.

5. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

I had something like that happen to me in our Sienna. I don't remember what I was doing at the time, but if I remember correctly, I just hit the voice command button and said "repeat guidance" and it started up again. Try that. :mellow:

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

If you've arrived at your destination, then guidance is finished. The guidance dependent screen modes will then be irrelevent and not available.

Try selecting a NEW destination, and see if the screens become available again.