1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by vemvim, Jul 10, 2006.

1. vemvim

vemvim Junior Member

I am supposed to be able to enter the telephone number of a destination and get assistance with navigation.While I am able to do this with some businesses, I haven't succeeded with personal numbers. In fact, most of the time I cannot even enter the last digit of the number. Do others have a similar problem?

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Which nav system are you using? In other words, what year is your Prius? While I know nothing about finding a destination by phone number, I imagine the list only includes the yellow pages entries, not the white pages.

3. vemvim

vemvim Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vemvim @ Jul 10 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]283980[/snapback]</div>
    Mine is a 2005 Prius. Several months after I bought it, the dealer replaced the navigation software by a (presumably)later version.

4. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Each time you enter a digit the Nav system is trying to narrow down the number of possible data points. Until you see a number don't enter another. By seeing the number on the screen, the system is telling you that it has found it. If you are not seeing a number it usually means it can't find it. I have discovered the same thing. When I finally get to the business I usually discover they have a different phone number than what is listed in the Nav database.

I hope that helps.

5. vapor8

vapor8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The NAV system only contains the telephone numbers for Businesses, NOT personal numbers.