1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigational DVDs for Mexico?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by majordude, May 25, 2005.

1. majordude

majordude Member

I know this is a strange request to most of you but are there DVDs for Mexico? (Yes, they actually have roads down there, not just burro trails...)

:roll:

I frequently travel down there and it would be great if I could swap out the discs to find my way around.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:1d0c181a77]I'm sure Toyota can supply them, but the US/Canada DVD (like 6 CDs on one disk) costs about $280 to replace. Probably only available from a Mexican Toyota dealer, or maybe a salvage yard on your next trip down there.

Denso makes the Nav system. For US/Canada I think they buy their data from Navteq. They say they provide products to 30 countries here, and I bet Mexico is one of them.[/font:1d0c181a77]

3. PeeDeePrius

PeeDeePrius Junior Member

Sorry. OT a bit. But has anyone made a "backup copy" of the CD. Seems you should be able to...for your own use, of course...

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I have extracted the files and stored them on my PC, and copied enough of them for one region. The original DVD (not CD) is dual layer (has 7-8GB of data), and I did not have a dual layer writer or media, though my dad has a dual layer writer.
    It will work with re-writable DVDs, as that is what I used to make the one region DVD. Problem is, if you mistakenly go to another region that isn't on the DVD, it will error, and then it seems there's no way to get back to the correct region without putting in a DVD that has the now selected region.