1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navigaton voice commands

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by evebill8, Oct 31, 2011.

1. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi folks,

Couple questions.

1) I am trying to use the voice to get the address from the address book. It seems like I can only query a new one, from point of interest, or from previous destinations. Is it true?

2) I already preset the FM radio stations. How can I use voice o select the station I want? Let's say I like to listen to FM 96.5 that was set it to #2. How can I select it with voice?

Thanks!

Billy

2. DonVentura

DonVentura SoCal Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not sure about #1, but here's my best shot at #2 -Don't use voice, left thumb buttons on steering wheel will toggle through your presets. (at least on mine they do)

3. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, I use the toggle button too, but I have seen someone did it on youtube. He just said the FM <freq>, and it switched to a radio station. I am not sure if it jumped to the freq that he was saying though.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It depends on the voice recognition system. Was the person doing it in a Prius? Note that the Lexus voice recognition system (esp. the recent ones from 2010 and newer) have casual voice recognition software that may allow that function/command.

1. You can't and this one bugs me the most. What's the point of an address book if you can't navigate to it via voice? I saved it for a reason!!

2. Not that I know of. You only can choose AM, FM, FM1, FM2, SAT, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3, satellite radio, bluetooth audio, AUX as available commands.

Pressing and holding the up/down arrow will SEEK if you're in radio mode.

5. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, ic, thanks!

6. evebill8

evebill8 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    One more thing. When I try to add addresses to the presets, I can't pull the addresses from the address book. I have to type them all over again.