1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NavSystem 7.1 Missing NightTime Screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by AgDoc1, Oct 17, 2008.

1. AgDoc1

AgDoc1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My 2008 Prius has the Navigation system Version 7.1.

The instruction manual says it should switch to Nighttime Screen when the headlights are switched on and that if I want to have daytime running lights I can keep daytime screen by a sowftware button on the "Display" screen.

My Nav system does not switch to night time mode at all. Nor is there any button on the display screen that looks like the picture of that screen in the instruction manual.

If Version 7.1 is the latest version, did they delete a NightTime Screen option? I needed it badly while traveling in the rain at night. The Toyota National Telephone Helpline Tech kicked my question upstairs and then came back with the opinion that it should work like the manual says.

If 7.1 has a Night screen, why is there no override button for daytime running lights?

It goes to the dealership tomorrow morning. They said get there early because it would require their "highest level technician."

Has anyone else noted this problem?

2. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Do you have the dash lights dimmer wheel rolled all the way up? When it's at maximum, the MFD also switches to day mode.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, I knew that!!!
    Bet it fixes your problem!

73 de Pat KK6PD

4. AgDoc1

AgDoc1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

You knew that, and the technician knew that, but nobody else at Toyota knew it or knew where to find it. That detail is not in the Navigation manual but in the main Prius Owner's manual.

I drove over to my dealer this AM and within 30 minutes was told the problem was fixed. "Reset Daytime mode per owner's manual" was the technician's quote.

I asked what this resetting entailed and was told that the technician was in a bad mood and very curt. The service rep spent another 20 minutes researching the problem. For all I know he came here to Priuschat. He said he found it "on the internet".

I know a technician's time is valuable but waiting 20 minutes because the tech is in a bad mood?

Thanks guys. I learned something and so did the service rep.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The tech was just grumpy because he took 30 min and probably got paid for 5 min.