1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Near miss in my own driveway

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CinciPrius, Feb 23, 2006.

1. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My Prius was almost hit by a police car tonight - while it was sitting in my driveway.

I'm sitting in my dining room finishing dinner when I start hearing multiple police sirens approaching - all of a sudden, the sirens stop moving and it sounds like they're stopped right in front of my house. I get up and open the front door and *surprise* - there's not one but *two* cop cars sitting in my front yard with lights and sirens running. and no cops in sight. :blink:

Turns out they were involved in chasing a stolen vehicle that wrecked into a tree about three houses up the road. The driver took off after the wreck.

It looks like the lead car of the two cops stopped quickly (just onto my curb) when he saw the truck wreck and the 2nd cop had to swerve into my yard to avoid a rear end collision.

The 2nd cop did a nice job controlling his car - he came to a stop about two feet from a large tree in front of him, three feet from my Prius on his left and 3 feet from a pole lamp on his right. No damage other than some torn up grass! *whew*

Don't know if they got the driver of the stolen truck but they did tell me that they got the passenger.

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sounds like "COPS" TV show. It might be time to find a safer location. :)

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    whew! that's some after-dinner entertainment!

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

so are they fixing your lawn or will there be a chain gang show up with shovels and rakes?

5. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :lol:

I took another look this morning - the 2nd cop did a fantastic job avoiding the various obstacles - he also avoided a good sized curbside tree before he got to my driveway.

I pushed the grass back into place - one wheel peeled off about 2 feet of sod - easy fix.