1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need 2006 Prius spare tire.Please Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by saurav79, May 20, 2012.

1. saurav79

saurav79 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so bought this from a dealer and my stupidity for not checking the spare. Ofcourse the dealer wont oblige

Anyone on the forum able and willing to sell 2006 Prius . Have a trip coming up in few weeks so greatly appreciate the help.

regards

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe Seilerts buys salvage Prius and either fixes them up or will combine a couple of damaged ones into one good one, so its possible he'll have an extra spare to sell you, send him a PM if he doesn't see this and respond within a few days.

3. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Or any tire shop in your area. They're not vehicle specific and you could even get a full size spare if you want.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  5. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think just about any Toyota passenger car emergency spare will work. If you and Andrew aren't able to make the connection, go to a junkyard. It would cost me more to ship one to Santa Clara than you would spend locally. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

6. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I second going to a junkyard (auto wreckers/dismantlers/recyclers or whatever they call them in your local region). They'll have tons of them, probably more than they know what to do with.

7. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would think any compact spare from a Prius, Corolla, Prism, Matrix, Vibe or any Scion with that same 5x100 bolt pattern is going to work as they will also have the proper hub bore. Of course some of these cars may have full size spare, and since they are all made by toyota most of these cars are still going to be on the road but a call to a few junkyards should find one or more of these vehicles destroyed in a front end collision with a good spare to spare.

just be warned that the price for an OEM spare & tire is going to be astronomical (the scissor jack on our Prius retails for around $130 and you can buy one in hardware store for $20-$28), and OEM prices is what most junk yards will base their pricing on, so again I think Seilerts is your best bet for a fair price.