1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need a pinned thread with mpg tips for the newbies?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by PriusCinBlack, Aug 9, 2012.

1. PriusCinBlack

PriusCinBlack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm noticing a lot of newbies posting the difficulties they're having with getting good mpg, and people having to explain the best ways to drive the car over and over. It is understandable that people are asking questions- doing the research with search engines can be hit and miss as far as getting ALL the information, and it's time consuming. Plus, most of the material out there tends to be about the liftback, which doesn't always apply that well to the C.

I think a thread with a good, long explanation of hypermiling techniques (centered toward the C) pinned to the top of the Main Forum (many don't go into the FE forum, though it could be posted there, too) would give the new C owners a good place to start learning. Someone (not me) would need to compile explanations of city and highway driving techniques and the other ins-and-outs of the car.

Prius Sea and ftl like this.
  2. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I like this idea. Doesn't need to re-invent the wheel - links to the best information prepared for the liftback are not only fine but a good thing. But a little bit about the differences between the c and liftback, or anything c specific would be great. If anyone was feeling adventurous, the main forum could have a sticky with general c newbie info and the Fuel Economy forum could host the c mpg tips.

The generic - What every newb should know | PriusChat - is still a must read, but you're right... there are definitely c-specific FAQs floating around here.

Picked up my new c today. :D Loving it but all the driving so far was in irritating peak hour traffic so I had no real opportunity to properly start getting used to driving it. Spending some quality time with the owner's manual and will go out again for a proper drive soon now the roads are settled. :)

3. Emily Allerton

Emily Allerton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If the C just came out this year, aren't we all newbies?

4. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    THis is a great idea. I have been hypermiling for a few years, granted to was with a non-hybrid, but still a lot of experience. I have been having problems with the CVT and have posted about it because I cant really find the info I need. What we really need is Prius C driving Admin.

Some one who can really get into the nuts and bold of ever thing because there right there with us.