1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Access to Always On Fuse in 2004 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Smooth Operator, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Smooth Operator

I am in the process of installing a Lukas LK-7900 dash camera in my 2004 Prius. The camera has an optional LK-530 UPS (uninterruptible power supply) so that recording can take place when the car is parked. The LK-530 connects to an always-on circuit. It draws power from the vehicle battery until the vehicle battery voltage drops to a user-set level, then power comes from the charged LK-530 UPS.

I received my LK7900 last week and I have it in my 2004 Prius. It has mounted well behind the interior mirror, on the passenger side making it almost not visible for the driver. It is a bit awkward to access the buttons, but I rarely use them anyway.

I am having problems figuring out the best way to install the LK530 that I got along with the LK7900. I bought a low profile fuse tap, thinking I could tap always-on power from one of the fuses in the fuse box that is under the dashboard to the left of the steering column. I have not been able to find an always-on fuse there. Does anyone know if there is one?

If there is not, it looks like I will have to go to the fuse box under the hood and use the dome light fuse. I have looked for a reasonable access through the firewall and have fallen short on that as well. Does anyone have any tips on that?