1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need advice on 12 volt battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Kingtucker, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Kingtucker

Kingtucker New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2014 prius. Thinking about a road trip and doing some camping. But have read some bad things about the 12 volt battery. Would like to know my best options for running a iceless cooler or blowing up a air mattress.
    Also, what is the best replacement battery I can buy.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There's nothing wrong with the battery, you just have to use accessories while the car is in Ready Mode.

Iceless cooler is great with a separate inverter running. However it's not great once you have to turn off your car. You can bring 2 coolers.....just in case you run out of ice and can't buy it.

3. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    those fridges aren't very good, a cooler and dry ice is good for about 4 to 5 days

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Here is the simple rule, any time you need any electricity, have your Prius in Ready.

It will run the engine about every 20 minutes, and you will never have any 12 volt battery issues.

Right now the best battery is from Toyota, if only because it has a 84 month (prorated) warranty