1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need advice on CPO Gen II Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenJNY, May 28, 2014.

1. GreenJNY

GreenJNY New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi all,

New to the forum and glad to have joined.

I need some advice on a recent purchase. I will be picking up a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) 2008 Toyota Prius (base w/ package #2) today. It has 65k miles on it, I will be 3rd owner, and will be driving mostly in upstate NY.

I am asking if anyone has had experience with the Toyota Certified Vehicle Service Agreements (VSAs).

A gold and platinum option exist on top of the basic coverage for 1 year/12k miles. These two plans can go up to 8 years or 125k miles.

What are your thoughts or experiences?

CPOs come with:

upload_2014-5-28_7-22-56.png

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I personally do not buy these extended warranties because the dealer makes a ton of commission from them. Plus the Prius is so reliable, the likelihood of you ever using any of the offered services is very minimal.

3. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was recently along as a relative purchased a Toyota CPO. The coverage they come with is pretty impressive, and the extensions to it are costly. I'd say take the money you may have payed on the extended coverage and put it in the bank instead.