1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need advice on parts for installation of double din unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lehboy, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Lehboy

Lehboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A bit of a lurker here the past few months - finally was able to purchase a headunit, amp and basic speakers to upgrade my audio setup.

Basically I was able to purchase this particular head unit -
    The Sony XAV-612BT.

So from what I gather I need to get the

Metra 8226B Dash Kit

Do I also need the following parts?

Metra 70-1761 Radio Wiring Harness For Toyota 87-Up Power 4 Speaker
    Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
    Metra 70-8114

Thanks Guys

2. BillyBuerger

BillyBuerger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I can't vouch for those specific parts, but the wire harness would be highly recommended. You can do it without it but it's not worth the hassle. The steering wheel control isn't required if you don't care about loosing the steering wheel controls. I don't use them myself so I might not do it myself if I was upgrading. But then again, it's not that much money. So probably better to do it all at once that to have to pull it all apart again later.

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Please clarify. Gen II or Gen III? The 2009 Prius can be either depending on your country of origin and you Bio does not specify. Metra 8226B Dash kit implies you have a GEN III and Model/Level III implies you have the JBL system from the factory, correct?

4. Lehboy

Lehboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry frodo, using the ZVW30 right hand drive from here in Australia. I believe it's the GenIII. As far as I know the model I have doesn't have the JBL system - it's part of the higher model sold here

5. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four