1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need advice on replacing my Prius, please!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by simeean, Mar 17, 2015.

1. simeean

simeean New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, just joined to post this but I've gotten most of my info about my car from these forums over the past few years....

I had a 2007 Prius until today, when I signed over the title to an insurance adjuster, since some terrible person totaled it on me last week. I built that car from scratch (with everything but leather and navigation, even had to convert the satellite radio to Sirius from XM back then) and got it with 7 miles on it, and now it's gone after 220,000 more.

My problem now is that I HAVE to drive a Prius, but don't have much to spend on one. My budget will allow for a 2nd generation or a questionably cheap 2010, I'm leaning toward getting a 3rd generation just so it won't remind me too much of my last car, but I really don't like the lack of touchscreen and backup camera (in the ones I've found that I can afford so far). So I'm asking the advice of the people who know best, which direction should I go? Is it worth it to get a newer one or was the 2010 too newly redesigned? Will I miss a lot of the features I'm used to? Why are the cup holders so hard to find? And why are so many of the used ones white or silver???

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good Luck.

I think you just need to start shopping.

I wouldn't exclude a Gen 2 because it might remind you of your old vehicle.

I wouldn't exclude a Gen 3 because of it being "Too newly redesigned".

I'd look at any and all Prius that fell within my budget. ( Prius C?)

#2 The Electric Me, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015