1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need advice

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Terpen, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Terpen

Terpen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello, New to site as of today. Purchasing a new 2010 Prius under the CARS Program. Dumping an old GMC van I bought new in 90 that has been sitting at the farm. All the paper work is in and just waiting for the Gov to finalize everything for the dealer. I know nothing about a Prius. Wife drove one and says it will be fine for an around town buggy which is where most of her driving is.
    So here are my questions, is MSRP the going price or should I try and negotiate a discount? She wants one with leather and the dark tint glass. Kid sales guy said he could tint the windows. Told him I wanted one that had tint in the glass and he tried to tell me the factory is a stick on. True or untrue. Also said they could do leather in house that was better than factory. Not sure I buy that either.
    Any other advice is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There is no "factory" tint - the port installed tint is film just like every other window tinter would put on. Unsure of the brand used. Find a good 3rd party tinter and go w/ a high quality film.

MSRP or a small discount is going price, but it depends highly on the package. Any solar roof car won't come @ a discount, same w/ the Prius V w/ ATP.

1 person likes this.
  3. TKY

TKY Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Make sure you know the legal level of tint permitted where you live. Many jurisdictions have two levels (three really) no tine on windshield, one level for the front side windows, and one level for the back side and rear windows.

TK

4. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Aftermarket Leather

Save yourself some bucks at buy aftermarket leather.

I did it for my Prius. My choices were go for Package IV for an extra $2600 or go aftermarket leather for $1200. That was a no brainer!

Most of the car dealers here (including Toyota) take their vehicles to my aftermarket shop. The work looks exactly like factory leather.

Check with your dealer to see where they take their cars!

5. Martin37

Martin37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    First - Welcome to PC. Seems to me that a model II should suit you just fine. Leather can be had for less as after market - see other threads re leather. Ditto window tinting. For a "kicking around town buggy" not sure all of the fancy radio, cell phone, bluetooth stuff is worth the added cost. I paid MSRP - 2/3rds of us have but try to negotiate; nothing ventured, nothing gained. Perhaps you can get floor mats, value $200, thrown into the deal gratis; farm? - you might want all-weather rubber mats rather than carpet. :welcome: