1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need alarm? Do I have it?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by duh_prius, Apr 25, 2011.

1. duh_prius

duh_prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi all,

I have a 07' Touring. Due to a recent break in, I would like to have alarm installed. I read from some posts that all Prius has alarm installed but it may need activation.

I believe mine is a package #5 I found my windows sticker and it says nothing about alarm. But it has glass break sensor listed. I have a big triangular thing behind the mirror. Is it the sensor?

How can I tell if I just need an activation or I need the alarm/security system as a part? I want to figure that out before going to the dealership.

Thanks in advance

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Open the drivers side window. Shut the car off, lock it, and take the FOB away. Come back without the FOB. Reach in and unlock the car manually. If the horn sounds when you unlock or open the door your alarm is activated. Run back to get the FOB to cancel the alarm.
    A package 5 should have the alarm activated. I think the glass sensor is actually in the dash just above the console.
    Again, if you have the glass sensor the alarm should be activated. It is an option on some packages (it just plugs in).

3. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since you were broken into.......may I ask what the thief was after. ???