1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Checklist to get the 'Ready Light' on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 13PriusFIVE, Oct 30, 2023.

1. 13PriusFIVE

13PriusFIVE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2013 Prius with problems. (75,000 Mi)

The most recent issue is not going into 'Ready' mode.

This occurred after installing a new 12v battery, it tests at 12.95v.

The HV Battery tests at 215v.

Brake lights come on, and the start button green light when the brake pedal is pushed.

The car shows the gear selector in Park.

The old 12v battery was on the borderline of causing some of the issues the car developed, so I bought a new yellow top to eliminate that as the problem. It started at ran and I turned the car off until I had time to run a new scan. When I tried to start the car again - no 'Ready' light, so I couldn't run a running scan.

Have not checked all the fuses yet, just under the hood.

Is there a checklist of things to check to get the ready light back on?

I'm brain exhausted!

bisco likes this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't think you have to have a ready light to scan the car accessory mode will be fine I think that's two pushes of the button no break in a generation 3 your display is all lit up now All the amber lights are on a whole Christmas tree of nonsense plug in your scanner follow the prompts If you have any regular p codes and normal codes a lot of modern scanners will read a lot more than you think. If you don't have anything maybe get somebody that has autel or TIS on tap. And see what they see and go from there You should have some kind of information coming from all the computers in the car lost communication so on and so forth whatever they'll be I don't believe you need ready to read code matter of fact I know that's the case just like generally you can't have the engine running when you clear the codes in a Prius the car can be on but the codes won't clear if the engine is hammering up and down firing running as soon as it dies I hit the button to clear the codes and because the engine's not running they'll clear

3. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I’m not familiar with the Owners Manual for your car but in the manual for my ‘22 under section 7.2 it has several options that might help. Look under “The Hybrid System Will Not Start”.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You've got to have your foot on the brake pedal, and there's a switch there that confirms brake pedal is depressed. Maybe it's out of adjustment or defective?

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Accessory mode is one push of the button, no brake. It only lets you use a few things like the infotainment system.

Two pushes without the brake is IG ON mode. The dash lights all up and you can scan things.

Tombukt2 likes this.
  6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You got to have the dash lit up completely without the ready light whatever makes that happen in your particular model will yield scan. I got a Gen 3 right now no matter what mode it's in TIS or tech will not connect to the car I don't care what you do but a cheap piece of crap hooks up connects and scans without issue It's just the cheap scanner can't read the complete car kind of a big problem.