1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Ghost Busters

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LeoP, Aug 4, 2005.

1. LeoP

LeoP New Member

Sorry I did something wrong in posting the other message. So here's another try:

When driving at night I get a green reflection at eye level in the windshield. This comes from the speed another indicators. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of this reflection or are you all just living with the ghost?

2. yoda

yoda Member

Heya,

I get the same green line reflection.

There's an EASY fix - to the left of your steering wheel is a dimmer dial. ONE notch down will elimiate the green reflection on your windshield and it doesn't dim the control pannel very much.

Hope that helps ya!

Yoda

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The dimmer dial is the easy fix.

Some have tried blocking the escaping light with black tape at the bottom of the display . . . because they like their display fully illuminated at night.

Polarized sun glasses would also do the trick . . . but then YOU may become the ghost. :angel:

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ooooohhh. That's what that is.
    I had been reading articles that the Prius batteries contain highly toxic radioactive materials and the electrical systems run at levels powerful enough to light a small suburb. I figured this was just a highly-energized radioactive glow.

So is it that the rheostat controls the radioactive process or does it restict the electrical current?
    [don't bother trying to take that seriously]

5. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

No, the rheostat controls the flux capacitor.

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've already turned down the flux capacitor to the lowest setting, and still get a faint green glow. There's also a blue glow from the high beam indicator (or is that from the dilithium crystals, Tony?) I am considering spraying the dash with a flat clear finish to eliminate the reflections, after carefully masking the main deflector and warp speed indicator first. What do you think? ( I mean, other than thinking I watched too much Star Trek as a kid) :mrgreen:

7. yoda

yoda Member

AHA!

Flux Capacitor!

NOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!

I was WONDERING how a car as advanced as the Prius made it into our time zone!!!!

Yoda

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yoda,

Your attempt at convincing us that you are really from our Space-Time Continuum is failing when you use such expressions as “time zone.â€

On your next return, bring fusion power. We could use some about now, and it too would be believable that we mere earthlings created the technology ourselves.

9. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you think the Prius display is bright... You have never driven a Toyota, err, Lexus LS 400 (1995 model). That thing has a dash that could light up Tokyo.