1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help about dash brightness control!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by hptsang, Oct 29, 2009.

1. hptsang

hptsang Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I used to be able to adjust the brightness of my dash display but I am not sure what kind of setting I did and now only can adjust the brightness with my lights on. Is there anyone that can help me?

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ? You can only adjust the brightness (rotory dial on the left side of dash) when the lights are on. Full bright when lights are on is all the way up on the dial till it clicks.
    The display is full brightness when lights are off.

I guess I should also add that there is a brightness setting in the "settings" I believe. I have not gone into the settings at all so I am not sure what is there, just something I heard about.

3. hptsang

hptsang Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Before I used to be able to change the brightness when my lights are off and when it clicks it goes full brightness. But now it just doesn't change at all unless I turn on my lights, then I can turn the wheel and it will becomes brighter or dimmer. When lights are off , the wheel just doesn't change anything.

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's normal...

5. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All I can think of is that you were mistaken. Or perhaps you had your lights on all the time by accident? Spiderman is right, the brightness control only works when your lights are on.

6. RoyThePriusGuy

RoyThePriusGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's because in daylight, Toyota wants us to drive with the panel lights viewable. And not too dim-able. Either full bright - clicked up. Or bright just before making the detent. Nothing lower. Why would you want the panel lights dimmer in daylight????

7. hptsang

hptsang Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't, but I just wanna make sure I didn't F'd up anything after I installed my VIP RS3200 myself. I was just trying to make sure everything works correctly.