1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NEED HELP! (Anyone with Lockpick3 knowledge)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by CameronHilliard, Dec 9, 2007.

1. CameronHilliard

CameronHilliard New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    People,
    Did anyone find the wording on the Coastal Lockpick site confusing?
    When ordering the lockpick here were two types of Lockpick for the prius this is what both buttons read...
    *(for Prius with navigation system OR JBL audio system OR factory rear view camera)

*CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW IF YOUR 2006-2007 PRIUS IS THE BASE MODEL WITHOUT
    NAV, JBL AUDIO OR FACTORY REAR VIEW CAMERA

I picked the first choice, because I have a factory rear view camera, but no nav system or audio system.

My lockpick does not work, and looks like I have extra plugs where a nav system might plug into. My question is, did anyone without a nav system but with a factory rear view cam pick the other choice and have their lockpick successfully work? I am a little dissapointed, and would like to know if I should order another one, have the guy uninstall this one and put the correct one in, and mail the other one back for a full refund. Need some help!
    Thanks!
    -The Prius you love to Hate

2. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi! Welcome to the forums. I have the lockpick3 for the fully loaded Prius model, and it has been (so far) the best purchase I've made for the car. It's truly a great upgrade and if you get the right model for your car you will be pleasantly surprised.

You should e-mail coastaletech the exact model and package of your car and double-check that you have the right one; if you -do- then it was installed incorrectly. If you -don't- then it's only a matter of picking up the right one and yes, you will enjoy having it.

It's definitely worth the purchase.

~ dan ~

And no, if I remember how installing mine went, you should not have extra parts lying around after installation. Everything that plugs in should be connected when all is said and done.