1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help ASAP for Sigma Automotive EV Switch - Which plug in ECU #27?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by paul.villasenor, Feb 5, 2007.

1. paul.villasenor

paul.villasenor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got a call from the installers who are putting in a Sigma Automotive EV Switch in my '07 Prius. They got to the part where they need to connect the wire to ECU #27, but realized there are 5 plugs from which to choose for #27. For obvious reasons, they don't want to pick one at random. Can anyone tell me (or post a picture showing me) which plug to use? I don't know what it looks like myself, so I can't even describe it. They close in a about two hours, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There should only be 4 gray plugs and its the one on the bottom that you want to use. Did you give them good instructions with diagrams? Pin 27 should be in a corner next to a red wire if I remember correctly.

3. paul.villasenor

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Feb 5 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]385724[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks!!! I gave them instructions and links from PriusChat, but none of the instructions I found go into more detail than "Pin 27." As for me, I've never seen the ECU myself. (I just got the car a few months ago.)

Paul

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. paul.villasenor

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Feb 5 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]385733[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks again. I wish I had printed this out before.

I picked up the car, and the EV switch seems to work properly. It turns out the installer was using an online reference that told them the ECU on my Prius is on the driver's side.