1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help finding data for GIS project

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by supermuffingirl, Jan 24, 2007.

1. supermuffingirl

supermuffingirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi everyone,

I am a grad student in environmental science, policy & geography. I am looking for some data for a project that I am doing this semester in my GIS class.

I'd like to map Prius or hybrid sales for the nation. I can probably use hybrid vehicle registrations by state, but I'd really like something more specific, like sales per county or zip code. Does anyone know where to find that or who to ask? Is anyone in sales at Toyota or know a Toyota sales manager that might have or know where to get this data? The smaller the "unit" the better the analysis.

Then I'm doing to map other data like air quality, gas prices, state incentives, # of licensed drivers, perception of environmental issues, etc. etc. to see if there is any correlation to actual sales.

If anyone else has any ideas for data sources, any other aspects that could be included in this analysis, I'm certainly open to suggestions :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

~ Super Muffin Girl

[attachmentid=6322]

Attached Files:

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    First off, I like your license plate and frame!

The information you want has been pretty hard to come by; Toyota hasn't been very forthcoming. When the steering-shaft recall occurred, they released information on how many cars per state dealers could expect to see. Do a search here on the steering recall and you may find the original Toyota PDF documents. I may have them if you can't find them here.

You might also go to toyota.com/hsd and contact them there. Now that Toyota is interested in building the HSD community, they might be interested in your GIS studies and help you.

Good luck!

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm going to speculate that Prius sales have more to do with environmental consciousness than local air quality, and that there are too few Prius on the road for actual Prius numbers to have had any effect on local air quality.

I gather that CA has the most Prius sales, both in polluted L.A., and in relatively cleaner S.F.

While I like your license-plate frame, I will speculate further that this sentiment accounts for relatively few Prius sales, though some here on P.C. have given it as a reason.