1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help finding new front grill

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pharmd0705, Apr 25, 2008.

1. pharmd0705

pharmd0705 New Member

I was just on the highway when I ran into a plastic box that fell off some guy's trailer. I couldn't swerve in time, so I had no choice but to hit it. It ended up shattering the front grill where the air enters the car to the radiator. Does anyone know where I can get a new front grill? It looks like it's just 3 pieces of plastic that help protect the radiator. Thanks for your help!

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try the local salvage yards, a lot call other dismantlers by radio to see if any others have what you need. Here it is called "Hotline 30 Plus". If no success there you may need to see your local dealer Someone might sell parts on line? Not sure.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Attached Files:

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Parts - Junk Yard, Dealer, Online or Body Shop

If you're ever interested in used car parts, there is a website/database available showing what junk or salvage yards have. I don't know how encompassing it is, but it seems like it would always be worth a few clicks and keystrokes:

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

For your current damaged Grille, I'd probably just go with new parts. Dogfriend has linked one of several online OEM Toyota Parts vendors for you. Those online parts sites are good for research too.

Or you can order parts through a Toyota dealer or through a body shop.

In terms of prices for new parts, don't be surprised if a body shop has the lowest prices of them all. I know that for my Volvo, my body shop guy gets me Volvo OEM parts for less than my dealer or online vendors.

5. pharmd0705

pharmd0705 New Member

Thanks for the link. Yup, I live in the US.

I wouldn't dare buy parts from my local Toyota dealership. They're known for being extremely sneaky and corrupt. For example, when I bought my Prius last year, they had 2 that I was interested in, one in white and one in silver. Both were identical. However, they told me that the silver color was a special option that added $600 to the price. I know that was a lie, among many others they tried to tell me. So I went with the white one and saved $600.