1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help locating a Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by harajuka, Aug 12, 2009.

1. harajuka

harajuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I have placed a deposit with a dealer, and they have been very unresponsive and haven't been able to locate me a Prius. Reason being that every dealer out there are not doing any trades with each other so getting the specific car I want is very difficult. Now im willing to travel to pick up my car. Going through the south east toyota inventory system I was able to locate 4 vehicles that are allocated to dealer, but I have no clue which one's.

I am looking for a Blizzard Pearl with Dark Gray Interior and Navigation option. Anyone with access who can tell me where these cars are going?

Car 1

Car 2

Car 3

Thanks in advance!

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you look at each of those three cars, all three of them are Prius IVs, with 17 inch wheels added to them for $1,700. If you are considering a Prius IV with Navi and Without the Sunroof, and then choose to have them add the 17", $1700 wheels, you would be better off buying a Prius V, and for the same price (without the AT Package), you could get Factory 17" Wheels, LED Headlights with Washers thrown in for the same price. (MSRP of 30020, depending on additional markup.

As for where these cars are going, since the dealers has added aftermarket accessories, and as you stated, they are not goin to trade them, then they will be at the dealer listed on that site. Coggin Toyota (If you click on the urls that you provided, the title bar says Coggin). I would start there.

If you are undable to find it there, I would just call all the dealers within a 2 hour drive of you, and explain that you are seeking the specific car that you want, and that the first one to produce it will get your business.

3. harajuka

harajuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    eglmainz, my plans is to speak to the dealer who is getting those cars to have them remove the 17" option before it arrives. Im not 100% sure but I believe that's a port added option.

Those cars aren't going to Coggin, I just used their inventory search to look up cars. So its not allocated to them.

4. southjerseycraig

southjerseycraig Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For what it's worth, my salesman told me that Toyota is mostly shipping Prius II's. My Prius was the result of a trade with another dealer, but that may be more difficult on the IV or V.

5. gkmabe

gkmabe New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am trying to locate a Blizzard Pearl III with solar panel in the NC area. I have found out that if the complete VIN # is listed the dealer listed has that car or it has been allocated to that dealer. If just the last 6 digits are listed, the listed dealer doesn't have the car or the allocation. How far are you willing to travel?

6. harajuka

harajuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Im definitely willing to travel to NC if that what it takes.

7. mplsman

mplsman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had to get on the phone and call every dealer I could find. Then I put a deposit down on the ONLY car I found that was what I wanted sight unseen. With the CFC program these cars are "going," to people buying them. They are none left in Minneapolis last time I checked. Also, I did get one dealer who would search other dealers for me, BUT wanted $150 to do so. Good luck.

8. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've been on a desperate search too so I can take advantage of CARS. I've been trying to find a Package III in Blizzard or Silver. Would love to have Nav and I'll also take it with Solar if need be. I'm willing to drive up to 500 miles, pay MSRP, and am a cash buyer. What I'm not willing to do is pay for tons of dealer add-ons like rust protection, paint sealant, and sound spray. Unfortunately, this rules out the Gulf States region since they almost always add on over $1,000 worth of these useless features.

I've been emailing and calling every dealer I can find, but the car simply isn't there. I'm not giving up hope though and will continue to beat the streets until I find one!

Bryan

9. gkmabe

gkmabe New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    VIN:JTDKN3DU6A0037578Color:Blizzard Pearl
    InteriorDark Gray Leather
    Available:09/03/09Dealer
    Name:Scott Clark's Toyota City
    Dealer Phone:704-535-1972
    Matthews, NC
    Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  10. gkmabe

gkmabe New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    VIN:JTDKN3DU4A0039118Color:Blizzard PearlInterior
    Dark Gray Leather
    Available:09/08/09
    Dealer Name:Fred Anderson Toyota
    Dealer Phone:919-787-0099
    Raleigh, NC

1 person likes this.
  11. jslav

jslav New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I live in the San Francisco area. I am looking for a model 4 with solar roof in blue. It's a hard creature to find. Most dealerships I call are pretty unhelpful. Is there any way for me to see who has the car so I can target my calling more accurately?

12. Pohaku

Pohaku Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I found Dealer web sites to be unhelpful as they almost never had the cars listed on the website actually available when I called. Sometimes they had many cars listed on their sites, but all were spoken for when I called. Unless there is a site operating in more realtime, you will simply have to call around. Even info on dealer allocations will not be too helpful (except to know whether they were actually allocated the model you want in the first place) since in many cases the allocated vehicles will also be spoken for. In late July all allocated Prii for August in the Twin Cities appeared to be spoken for and you could only reserve cars in the September allocation. I ended up buying one 2 hours out of town (they had 2 left) and I'm now waiting on CARS processing.

13. Edward Walsh

Edward Walsh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi JSLAV:

I don't know much about the CA region being from Canada, but I have seen on this forum many times praise for a dealer in Southern California that has been extremely helpful. Here is her contact info:

Dianne Whitmire
    Fleet Sales Director
    Manhattan Beach Toyota
    Sunny Southern CA
    310 939 7801 office
    949 689 0717 cel
    [email protected]

Hopefully she can be of assistance to you in finding that perfect 'Prius'.

All the best.....

Edward
    Marystown, Newfoundland
    Canada

14. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have this car available with both interiors- at this sec. Call me?310 939 7801

15. maomao

maomao New Member

Model:
    V
    I am looking for a V without AT in Sandy Beach/Beige color. I am in DC area (DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia). I am willing to travel 100 miles or so. Thanks for any information.

16. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Awwww bummer! I have this car coming shortly! :) Too bad we're not closer!!

17. maomao

maomao New Member

Model:
    V
    Too bad. Can you ship it to Maryland?:)

18. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yes, I can.

19. JTMac

JTMac New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone knows of a Blue Ribbon Metallic/Dark Grey Level 4 with Nav I'd love to hear about it. So far I've called as far as Lexington KY and haven't gotten any hits.

Jason

20. Garmy

Garmy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just out of curiosity, about how much does it cost to ship a Prius form Ca to MD?